Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Photography: One Year Later

After selling a few photos here and there HSBC, one of the biggest financial multinationals in world, chose one my photos to launch their Premier propositions as they struggled to find something from Oman that combines tradition and status.
Exactly last year this time, I wrote a post about turning my photography hobby into a profession. Sad to say I did not dedicate enough time to it, but the good news is that I am now confident that my photos are taken seriously even with large institutions.
I need to sit down and plan it out, should do an exhibition, a book, or just approach advertising and art agencies. But one this is for sure, I need to do something.

11 comments:

Jawahir Jewels said...

mabrook thats such a nice picture... a book would be nice but it has to be different from what others are publishing

ColOman said...

hmm so you saying my photos are not different?

:(

What most photographers do? How can I stand out, besides taking photos of common things?

J-tow Ltd said...

word on the street is that your brother takes better pics than you....

ColOman said...

Yah on Sesame street maybe

Lirun said...

mazal tov

ColOman said...

what??????????????

Anonymous said...

Well Im proud of you ..even I dont know who you are...Its a pride that you have been selected ...

A photographer freeze a moment...in lense...he brings that spirit and they take your breath away...

Bring it on ...


Nasra

Lirun said...

mazal tov means congratulations in hebrew (although it literally means good luck..)

no need to be alarmed..

;)

AM said...

Ah that's great news!!!
I'm sure it gives you a lot of motivation to do sthg about it.

I totally understand how things go ... I bought my Canon EOS 400D a month ago and I still did not manage to even charge the battery!

Yalla, hopefully I'll get a bit jealous tonight ;)

The Phoenix said...

I don't think its fair to say his brother takes better photos than him. If you get to know their personalities, and see their photos, you will realise that given the same scene, they would represent it totally, and utterly different.

ColOman said...

The Phoenix,

Tell it like it is gal.

AM,

I am now in the process of buying a professional Camera, I am thinking of getting the Nikon D200. Hopefully, I will get to putting on the batteries sooner than you :)