Thursday, April 19, 2007

We Came, We Saw, We Conquered…. At least we tried

If you look hard enough you will see us resting on the bottom right

Its been a bit boring and slow for me the last few months, so when my friends told me they are going to “ Via Ferrata” ( cross wadis and mountains using robs) I jumped on the opportunity. I had no prior training but I am willing to give everything a try. After all, it’s doing something outdoor in Oman, Wadi bani Auf to be exact, the other side of Wadi Guolh, I was in for a good time, no matter what.

I was told I need to be fit, but heck, if others can do it, so can I. Well I was right; it wasn’t hard to learn. It was great fun, but I had no stamina to even complete a ¼ of the course. I was huffing and buffing like a dog on rabies and my hands just gave in, they could not support me after 25-35 min.

I need to get into shape and try this again. I don’t have enough upper body strength to carry myself. I wonder if I could ever finish the whole course, but I am sure I will give it another try.

5 comments:

Jawahir Jewels said...

a few of my friends went on something like that and one of them couldnt get on the ropes couldnt lift her body weight ... ohh well they all came back bruised and blistered and could hardly walk heheh but haram i felt bad

Wardat_il'7leej said...

Saw a few pic, where my cousin went on a trip recently.

I say i was impressed since he is a Doctor and was able to make it through and claim it was due to him having upper body strength( but then again he also skis, which explains a lot).

ColOman said...

huh.. we had a Doctor with us and he made it... it could have been your cousin!

Elagante said...

Waw,, you didn’t invite, I love nature and would like trying, as long as there is a doctor around then I’ll feel safe :)

I'm sure that was fun man...

Anonymous said...

Wow amazing moutain climbing ..Would love to be part of it ...
Okay Im very lazy to sign in but if u are not sure who I am here my blog as reminder LOL


Nasra

www.iamnasra.blogspot.com